Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Apple Keyboards

First off, let me say that I love the newfangled Apple Keyboards. I think they have given me a few extra WPM by not having to press so far down with each keystroke.

But in the WTF are they thinking department, why do they not make a wireless version with a number pad? They did it in the older wireless keyboards, so it can’t be the technology that eludes them. In a business, folks are often called upon to key in numbers, since it is not uncommon that numbers are important in business.

So I had to add another machine yesterday. Just about everything else in the office is wireless and (although it pains me a little to admit it, since I don’t buy into the Apple is waaaay cool thing) I like the clean look of no wires.

Unfortunately, that is no longer an option. I can either drag out one of the extra old school wireless keyboards (which isn’t a good option since there is a reason they are not being used), go with a wired keyboard or go with a wireless keyboard with no number pad. This latter is simply not an option for 99.9% of the folks here.

Come on Apple. Get a clue and make wireless keyboards with number pads.

No comments: